COVID-19 SAFETY & CLEANING
Unprecedented Times Call for Exceptional Diligence
In accordance with Pennsylvania public safety regulations based on CDC guidelines in these unprecedented times, our reopening is not something we’ve taken lightly. The health, safety, and welfare of the children we are granted the privilege of caring for has always been the priority of Wee Care staff, and now more than ever, we are committed to providing care that is safe for both teachers and staff. As such, we have implemented new policies that will allow our children to return to an environment of fun learning and allow parents to return to work without worrying about COVID-19 exposure.
To mitigate health risks and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus in our Upper Darby daycare and preschool, we’ve implemented the following precautions.
- All staff must have a negative COVID-19 test to return to work.
- Temperatures will be taken daily before the entrance to the facility will be permitted.
- All staff and children will wash their hands regularly and be provided with hand sanitizer.
- Staff will wear PPE as part of their uniform at all times.
- Any staff, child, or family member should stay home if they are feeling unwell.
- Any staff, child, or family member who is exposed to COVID-19 should self-quarantine for 14 days and return only if symptom-free and with a doctor’s note.
- All toys and surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
- Class sizes will be limited as well as entry to the facility.
- Field trips are canceled until further notice.
- Modified dropoff and pickup procedures to ensure social distancing and limit contact.
- Our facility is being equipped with a SafeCheck thermal scanner.
At Darlene’s Wee Care 4 Kids, we have amped up our COVID safety precautions without compromising the quality care and education we offer the children of Upper Darby and the surrounding areas. While the world looks a little different right now, you can expect the same love, attention, and commitment as you’ve always been able to expect.
What Families say
Testimonials About Darlene's Wee Care 4 Kids
I just wanted to let you know how happy and grateful I am that your school, your students, and your staff made my baby boy feel loved, welcomed, safe, and happy yesterday. All he talked about yesterday was how happy and well behaved he was. My baby boy walked into that facility yesterday and said “Hi!” and walked out yesterday so happy. He told me all about his day and was ready for the next day. The smile on his face, his whole posture was everything to me. I’m so happy I picked this school! I CAN FINALLY SAY MY BABY IS HAPPY, I ACCOMPLISHED A GOAL FOR HIM, AND GRANTED HIS WISHES WITH A NEW SCHOOL that he named “DARLENE’S VIRTUAL LEARNING SCHOOL.” Thank you! Thank you! I can say that I feel good and am not worried about his care while he is with y’all!
It is so important to find a place that you can trust. I have had such a great experience with Darlene. The staff is always helpful. They provide great feedback and communication. They are wonderful and have helped me and my daughter with a smooth transition. She is a happier child, which makes me a happier mommy!
For the past nine years, I’ve gone to work with ease and reassurance knowing that my children are in the best of care at Darlene’s. From the owner, Mrs. Darlene, to all of the teachers and support staff, they exude professionalism, integrity, and warmth while caring for my children. I am a single mother raising two young boys to become responsible men and having that extra support in their lives, enforcing positive behaviors, is truly a blessing. From the cleanliness of the facility to the stellar education and loving staff, I give Darlene’s Wee Care the utmost praise.